Let there be sun

Light has a quality of mood that demands attention. Any day, any hour, every minute--in any temperature. Both yesterday and today are crazy cold, but the difference is sunshine. It makes things better. Period. 

The snow is still piled up, tough going on the sidewalks near my house. Me and the dog set forth, because neither of us gives up the walk until the wind chill plunges. Garage door rises, sun rays beam down. Not exactly resulting in a hop, skip, & a jump out the driveway, but my mind starts out positive.

Bundled up, breath plumes,  beware-ing sloggy patches. On the route I see my shadow casting on the nearly blinding snow-white yards. No sunglasses but who cares? The squint is fine, I know from whence it comes. I keep the strides, celebrate the chug, watch the ice. 

My ears are still cold, chin freezing, fingers getting nipped. But I turn to the sun and celebrate. You may come old man winter, but the sun can still kick your ass. Sunlight improves the mood and moves the heart. It's okay, I can make it through, it's going to be fine: sunshine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment