Super-Dooper COVID Confusion

Don't even start with that mess in D.C., I got bigger fish to fry. The rocks in my head are rumbling, the sand in my toes non-existent. I dove in the Gulfstream waters not long ago, but it hardly felt like my land.

Was it your land? The twirl and swirl of the undefinable present. Marvin said it Make him wanna holler, but that was just a subtitle from a song 40 years ago. Did anyone ever get those 40 acres, let alone a mule? Can't know for sure, but this Christmas I got no shoes, only thermal socks.

Back to the present perfect. Because it is only what's there that matters. But IF it's so important, how come we constantly look away? This is the times they are a changin', but that was 50 years back by now. You can't grab hold of that gold watch, the time bomb to the back nine is given to those we throw out on their ass. Don't let the door hit you and all that.

The movie theaters are still closed, I think, but there is always film at 11. We make do out of doo-doo, and collecting all the sticks and stones we can find just reminds me of the Silence of the Lambs. Hop, skip, and a jump and don't even pretend you don't understand. I'm talking to you! Can the cotton come out of your ears and make my pillow softer? 

I lay my head down at night in gratitude, windows locked and steaming. My hound howls not only at sirens, but at the kids making noise after midnight (when we're gonna let it all hang out). I'm asleep and hoping to stay that way until dawn's early light.

And that's the point--wake up! The dream you call your own is just shoplifted from the nearest convenience store. If it's a chain store, the manager is off the hook. If it’s an independent, look at the floor, it needs sweeping. We will get by and use touchless payment: any way you look at it it's true.

We're all COVID-confused and counting. One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, and don't forget Detroit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment